Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help understand where things end up in memory
Hello,

I've been using ZXBC for some projects I am doing, one of the things is that I working with very limited memory. I'm writing my code to start at 25000.

When I am doing an ASM include no matter where in the code I place it, there is still ZXBC code after.

If I place all my inlcudes at the end of my program, they still appear around 40-50 bytes in. I need to be able to tag the includes on at the end of the file, not in the middle as once I have moved them to another located they can be discarded but with ZXBC code appear AFTER the includes it means I keep running into trouble.

I know about ORG in ASM but I'd rather ZXBC obey me when I have a include as the last lines to see in memory that it also appears at the end of the code.

Any ideas?
I have a similar question:

How can I discover the size /end of the program ZXB compiles? I can have a look at size of.TAP-file created.

But more userfriendly would be if ZXB.EXE prints length or start and end when compiling ends. May I suggest this to be added to future ZXB versions? :lol:
You can supply the --mmap=memory_map.txt file to the compiler, it will display a list of all the labels and their respective memory addresses.
Or also compile with -dd (or -ddd the more d's the more info). It will display all assembler instructions with it's resulting address.
Does this help?? :roll:
boriel Wrote:You can supply the --mmap=memory_map.txt file to the compiler, it will display a list of all the labels and their respective memory addresses.
Or also compile with -dd (or -ddd the more d's the more info). It will display all assembler instructions with it's resulting address.
Does this help?? :roll:
Yes. I like --mmap=memory_map.txt !
I know I should better read Help before posting ;-)

But one thing about it: Can you please add an option to generate a Memory-Map with decimal adresses instead of hex adresses?
Ok. Will take that into account.
Also, remember that in ZX Basic you can use hex numbers directly with any of these formats: 0xNNNN, 0NNNNh