Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get a value after the call (*solved*)
Is there any way that a program in ZX BASIC returns a value?

That I need is, once end my program this return a value to the +3 BASIC as in the following example:

Code:
10 LOAD "program.bin" CODE 32768
20 LET r =  USR 32768
30 PRINT r

Simply this Smile

Thank you.
[Image: FootSign.jpg]
Sinclair Wrote:Is there any way that a program in ZX BASIC returns a value?

That I need is, once end my program this return a value to the +3 BASIC as in the following example:

Code:
20 LET r =  USR 32768
30 PRINT r

Thank you.
This case is the same as in normal machine code. The value you can return is always a 16 bit integer stored in the BC register.
You can use END for that:

END 27613

Other than that, you must store the result in RAM and BASIC must PEEK from there.
boriel Wrote:

Code:
20 LET r =  USR 32768
30 PRINT r

Thank you.
This case is the same as in normal machine code. The value you can return is always a 16 bit integer stored in the BC register.

END 27613

Other than that, you must store the result in RAM and BASIC must PEEK from there.

It doesn't work in a program compiled with some lines of code.

Code:
2 Variable not found, 30:  1

However, your simple example works :!:
Sinclair Wrote:However, your simple example works :!:
This usually indicated some corruption in the BASIC system / stack. Check you're not overwriting the ERR_NR or any other system variables.
boriel Wrote:
Sinclair Wrote:However, your simple example works :!:
This usually indicated some corruption in the BASIC system / stack. Check you're not overwriting the ERR_NR or any other system variables.

OK, thank you.

Tell me please, how I can do this check because the compiler not throws any error.
And that the PAUSE freeze the flow of the program also has something to do or is another bug?
Could be. PAUSE statement uses ROM PAUSE implementation which relays on interruptions.
This could also indicate a problem with interruptions (EI, DI), vector interruptions, etc.
I usually used EmuZWin with its integrated debugger to debug the asm code generated by the compiler, BTW.
boriel Wrote:Could be. PAUSE statement uses ROM PAUSE implementation which relays on interruptions.
This could also indicate a problem with interruptions (EI, DI), vector interruptions, etc.
I usually used EmuZWin with its integrated debugger to debug the asm code generated by the compiler, BTW.

OK, I understand.

But going back to the previous question:

boriel Wrote:

Code:
20 LET r =  USR 32768
30 PRINT r

Thank you.

END 27613

Which is the reason for which this program always returns on the r variable of the Sinclair BASIC the value 10027 and not the N value of the ZX BASIC?

Code:
dim N as uinteger = 12345
end N
Sorry!
I completely overlooked this message!
Let me check it...
Did you find a solution here?
Not yet. But this is a BUG (I forgot about it, OMG).
Let me fix this...
Okay, Fixed in version 1.8.6. Download from here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boriel.com/wiki/en/index.php/ZX_BASIC:Archive#Latest_Development_Version">http://www.boriel.com/wiki/en/index.php ... nt_Version</a><!-- m -->

A pitty I forgot about this issue. Now I wonder is Sinclair is already interested... :?