Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVN
I've never used it at all; but I hear that it's a nice code control system.

How does one get going then?

Do you use windows, or linux?
britlion Wrote:I've never used it at all; but I hear that it's a nice code control system.

Download TortoiseSVN and install it.
Next, create a working directory, and left-click on it and select "TortoiseSVN CheckOut". This is the repository URL:
https://boriel.homeip.net/svn/zxbasic/

At this moment, the proyect is read-only, but I will enable a "britlion" user to you later.

Quote:Do you use windows, or linux?
I use both Linux, Windows & Mac OS X
boriel Wrote:Download TortoiseSVN and install it.

I assume the 32 bit version is the one to go for? I do have 64 bit windows, but I think it's about the application (and this is a 32 bit app at the moment), not about the OS, here.

Quote:I use both Linux, Windows & Mac OS X

Gosh! Eclectic. I have both Ubuntu and Windows 7 up. Linux in a VM for handy access.
britlion Wrote:
boriel Wrote:Download TortoiseSVN and install it.

I assume the 32 bit version is the one to go for? I do have 64 bit windows, but I think it's about the application (and this is a 32 bit app at the moment), not about the OS, here.
It's about your OS, so chose x64. You use one SVN for all projects. You can choose x32 if you like either.

britlion Wrote:
boriel Wrote:I use both Linux, Windows & Mac OS X

Gosh! Eclectic. I have both Ubuntu and Windows 7 up. Linux in a VM for handy access.
Developing things for many architectures. Anyway, I see you're on Win7. Which ZX Spectrum emulator do you use?
I almost always use Spectaculator, because the interface is very nice. Sometimes spin, which has nicer features, but is a little more clunky to use, sometimes.
I use EmuZwin (is old, and unmaintained: Does not run on vista. I run a Virtual Machine with XP to run it. But has, by far, the best Spectrum debugger I have found).
britlion Wrote:I've never used it at all; but I hear that it's a nice code control system.

Do you use windows, or linux?
Oh, my! This has changed a lot!
As you might already now, I moved the repo to Git an maintain two repositories: