Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadness
And the tommygun download website is now gone Sad

Sad.

Also means I can't seem to work with zxb any more. I never could get boride to compile anything useful. With tommygun, it manages projects in a list, they load, I type, I press compile and I have a tzx. Boride, I have perhaps an output file. Somewhere. maybe. I don't know where. It's not a tzx according to the log anyway Sad I know, we get used to these things, but really, it's the only thing I could get to work - everything I've written for zxb was in tommygun, so I'm sort of sad about the whole thing now.

I finally tried the recompiled tommygun.agd from WOS - but it doesn't work. I hit compile and it tells me that zxb is missing. It isn't - I can hand compile.

Sad
I use Geany
You go into the build menu when a .bas file is open and press set build commands
then type in the command you want to run

e.g.
pathto-zxb.exe %e.bas -T -a -B
Not familiar with "Geany". I'm looking at Notepad++ right now - with nppexec to make it compile.
britlion Wrote:And the tommygun download website is now gone Sad

Sad.

Also means I can't seem to work with zxb any more. I never could get boride to compile anything useful. With tommygun, it manages projects in a list, they load, I type, I press compile and I have a tzx. Boride, I have perhaps an output file. Somewhere. maybe. I don't know where. It's not a tzx according to the log anyway Sad I know, we get used to these things, but really, it's the only thing I could get to work - everything I've written for zxb was in tommygun, so I'm sort of sad about the whole thing now.

I finally tried the recompiled tommygun.agd from WOS - but it doesn't work. I hit compile and it tells me that zxb is missing. It isn't - I can hand compile.

Sad
this is sad, true.
I haven't used Tommy Gun for a while (always used vim in Linux for my .bas programming).
Tommy Gun should work with ZXB (latest version did, and then it was abandoned). Maybe some changes in the compiler prevented it to detect zxb correctly?? It shouldn't :?
Worse. I lost my copy of the original.

I think the modded version is broken for standard compiling.
britlion Wrote:I never could get boride to compile anything useful.
May I ask where is the problem?
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!
I can't seem to work out where to change settings for how I like them.

E.g. how to change compilation settings. I just can't find the options to send to the command line.

15:12:45 -> Compilation starts(256 Lines)
 15:12:45 -> Source D:\Dropbox\projects\Planet\temp.bor saved
 15:12:45 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Boriel Tm\ZX Basic Compiler\zxb.exe "D:\Dropbox\projects\Planet\temp.bor" -S 24576 -o "output.bin" --heap-size=1000

I don't want "output.bin" - I want a tzx file saved in the same folder as the source code. I'm not even sure where it's trying to write the output file.

15:12:46 -> Exit code: 0
 15:12:46 -> Done: Compilation successfull
 15:12:46 -> FAIL: Compiler cannot write output file in directory (Protected Or does Not exist?)
 15:12:46 -> Compilation time: 735ms

And doesn't appear to work anyway?

Any way to make it save .bas files, as these are what I have already? Smile

It sounds awful to say "I never got it to work" - because I'm really excited about boride, and have been since you first announced it. But I've mentioned before that it doesn't seem to work for my workflow. I've never successfully compiled anything with it in a form I can use. Sad
Thanks britlion for the answer. Now we can see together whats wrong
britlion Wrote:I can't seem to work out where to change settings for how I like them.
I will write a tutorial Smile
britlion Wrote:E.g. how to change compilation settings. I just can't find the options to send to the command line.
Almost all settings available to send to the command line are in the tabs on the right side of the editing window. It should look that way:
[Image: BorIDE1.png]
in the Tab "Project" and "Project2" there are command line options.
britlion Wrote:15:12:45 -> Compilation starts(256 Lines)
 15:12:45 -> Source D:\Dropbox\projects\Planet\temp.bor saved
 15:12:45 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Boriel Tm\ZX Basic Compiler\zxb.exe "D:\Dropbox\projects\Planet\temp.bor" -S 24576 -o "output.bin" --heap-size=1000

I don't want "output.bin" - I want a tzx file saved in the same folder as the source code. I'm not even sure where it's trying to write the output file.
output.bin is a temporary file that will be later translated by BorIDE itself to TAP/TZX (because later I will add compression, screen loading, and already active is the binary manager for memory banks), but it is important to set up the save file (name it and set the save directory) because the predefined file name will save it in the default directory (which is the BorIDE directory), so it will not work. Just try to change the output file (click on the "..." and select your projects directory, and name that file from output.bas to e.g. Planet, it will create all needed files -BAS, BIN, TZX then itself)
britlion Wrote: 15:12:46 -> Exit code: 0
 15:12:46 -> Done: Compilation successfull
 15:12:46 -> FAIL: Compiler cannot write output file in directory (Protected Or does Not exist?)
 15:12:46 -> Compilation time: 735ms

And doesn't appear to work anyway?
It does not work because BorIDE expects that the directory of the file is defined by the user, which was not defined, so it is saved in the BorIDE directory and checked if it exists in the project directory, which it does not. It is on my todo list to warn the user about this.
britlion Wrote:Any way to make it save .bas files, as these are what I have already? Smile
You mean .TZX files, right? It has a option to make .bas files already.
britlion Wrote:It sounds awful to say "I never got it to work" - because I'm really excited about boride, and have been since you first announced it. But I've mentioned before that it doesn't seem to work for my workflow. I've never successfully compiled anything with it in a form I can use. Sad
Thats pitty, but now I hope, it will work. Please check this.
And I know that it is very slow at loading sources. On my AMD E-350 also the scrolling can be slow sometimes, but "force refresh highlightning" button make it fast again.
LCD Wrote:Almost all settings available to send to the command line are in the tabs on the right side of the editing window. It should look that way:

I'm embarrassed to admit that last time I looked at it, I didn't even notice it had a bar on the right hand side. I can only explain this by saying the source code is on the left, the menus are on the left, and I have a very large screen. As a result the bar on the right hand side is about 30 cm of white space away from the area I was looking at. Um. I genuinely wasn't even conscious of it existing - I'd only looked at the left half of the screen. And that's probably my fault; advanced tenets of user interface design aside!

Okay. So maybe I can get my head around this after all Smile I'm sure I'm going to have lots of questions....
Okay, then you have a too big monitor :wink:. I use Netbook with 11.6" display, and have the advantage that I coded it and know where the projects settings are Wink. On some other IDE's its on the left land side, but it was not looking very well.
BORide is a bit tricky to use but once you get used to it, you'll like it a lot (well, at least I like it a lot Smile )
Back on topic, you can still download Tommygun from the Archive

Cheers
Just to let you all know that Tony Thompson has released new versions of TommyGun.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwXFKYO...ZmN2M/view