Poll: Try a new ZX Basic.NET site?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would like to give it a try.
66.67%
6 66.67%
No, we're already ok with the current one.
33.33%
3 33.33%
Don't care, Don't know... ?
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new site for ZX Basic?
Well, I've been thinking about it for a Long time, but don't know whether it will be worth the hassle or not...
This site is a mix of many things (ZX BASIC, XSPF Player, Captcha plugin, spam...). The wiki is separated, etc...
I was thinking on moving all ZX Stuff to a different exclusive site (zxbasic.net). This site will continue working, but if the other works, this will eventually be closed as read-only.
if it will be simply moving the speccy stuff over then yeah
but if it involves a complete re-design from scratch i say noooooo
Basically it could be deploying a new CMS site. This is too mixed with me (boriel). I suppose it would be better a different plataform focused on ZX Basic only, and maybe more comfortable for sharing things. Just an idea...
It can be a good idea, but I think as Slenkar !!
I going to have go Smile
well, i was expecting like zxbasic.org , not zxbasic.net (and ".net" sounds like using c#, quite scary... :S )
nitrofurano Wrote:well, i was expecting like zxbasic.org , not zxbasic.net (and ".net" sounds like using c#, quite scary... :S )
Wow! this is an old question. At the moment, we stick to the current site (this forum). :|
Hi,

Is the forum still hosted on a slow server?........it's pretty slow to load sometimes.

Ian.
No. It is not.
It is my own server, and should go fast (sometimes it's being attacked, yes).

E.g. today it's going extremely slow. Trying to find out why.