Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Improvements
All I can say is wow. I like!

I love the new navigation bars that are appearing. Much easier to find your way around with those as an option - I kept having to reload the start page.

Bravo! Thank you for this and all your efforts, Boriel.
I was about to ask you that documented libraries should not include the code in the same page, but in other apart.
Let's say the help about a library function (e.g. PRINT42, fSIN, etc) is much clearer if you don't put the source code, but usage and examples. Then a link to the source code at the end. I think it's much readable.

What do you think?
I can work with that. If you think it's the way to go. Sounds reasonable to me Smile

Just trying mostly to document these things instead of just buried in the forums. But I think you're right - it would look better that way.
Hey, the Library section has grown (I didn't recall it with so many entries). :o
Thanks a lot for that contribution :!: :!:
It doesn't tell you when I add entries?

I've been adding things in there for a while :mrgreen:
britlion Wrote:It doesn't tell you when I add entries?

I've been adding things in there for a while :mrgreen:
No, unless I "watch" the entire wiki. I had to disable that in the past due to a heavy spam attack the site suffer some month ago (I ended up reporting to the hosting company). In fact both this forum, wiki and blog are continuosly attacked by spammers, but new countermeasures and some other work I do my own seems to be working (for now :evil: )
*sigh* It's sad that people seem to think it's a good idea isn't it?

We offer a trial VPS at work. The bulk of them seem to be people running bots or otherwise timewasting - people with no intention of paying for the product.
What's the deal with documentation wiki, boriel? Is anyone allowed to edit it, or would you prefer to keep it in-house?

I only ask because I noticed a couple of places where the documentation is now a little out-of-date and thought I might just update it myself rather than hassle you about it. But only if that's okay. :-)
LTee Wrote:What's the deal with documentation wiki, boriel? Is anyone allowed to edit it, or would you prefer to keep it in-house?

I only ask because I noticed a couple of places where the documentation is now a little out-of-date and thought I might just update it myself rather than hassle you about it. But only if that's okay. :-)
Documentation is open, just register (user accounts aren't mapped to this forum yet; they will be eventually), and most pages (except main pages) are editable.
Cool, I'll do just that. Maybe that way I can give just a tiny little back in return for your hard work. :-)
the link for the wiki seems to be down
slenkar Wrote:the link for the wiki seems to be down
Use <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.boriel.com/wiki/en/index.php/ZXBasic">http://www.boriel.com/wiki/en/index.php/ZXBasic</a><!-- m -->
zxbasic.net is a redirection to that URL, but I'm switching network provider.