Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As BorIDE progresses...
boriel Wrote:
LCD Wrote:Wanna know ... wanna know ...
Is it a Radastan mode project or something completly different?
I already adapted some routines from Radastan Z88dk librarys for ZXBC. There is a PUT-routine 8x8 and 10x10 pixels and the PLOT in Assembler. But Masked sprites are written in C.
I haven't been able to do much more. The idea is to put Radastan Mode into the normal ZX Basic, and enable it using --arch=radastan or the like.

I /still/ haven't worked out what the hell a "radastan" is. I've googled away to no avail.
britlion Wrote:I /still/ haven't worked out what the hell a "radastan" is. I've googled away to no avail.

"Radastan" or "radastaniano" it's a non standard graphic mode designed by ZX-Uno.
It consists basically of 128x96 pixels (double size) and 16 independent colors for each pixel, selectable from the 64 of the ULA plus palette. Each byte contains 2 "horizontal" pixels (4 bits color) and are organized linearly. There are no screen thirds as in the original mode.
In this mode, each screen needs 64x96 = 6144 bytes instead of the classic 6912, because it does not use the attribute zone.
I think that the loss of resolution is compensated with the highest simultaneous color numbers and the abscence of "colour clash".

At present there are some demos and games in development for this graphic mode.
LCD Wrote:I compiled some tests, which run on ZEsarUX Emulator ans utilised the power of ZX Uno, but I also want to add librarys for the Spectrum Next: 256 Colour mode usage, Hardware Sprites and such stuff.

Spectrum Next (TBBlue) is also emulated on ZEsarUX. But 256 colour mode and hw sprites are not supported (yet). I have asked technical information about these two feautres to the Next team but I haven't received it. I suppose they will send me when they launch (or finish) the Kickstart campaign.

Cheers
ZX Uno is a project started in 2013 which simulates an entire ZX Spectrum on a FPGA (is not emulation).
Currently it also support other "cores" (architectures), like Atari, PC, and other Z80 computers (MSX, Amstrad), Sam Coupe, etc.
It also added last year the "Radastan mode" (created by radastan, user of this forum). :roll:

I find a bit unfair that ZX Next (which seems to be based on ZX-UNO in many things IMHO) don't even mention ZX-Uno (despite the latter is a free-open project).

ZX Basic will support radastan mode, so we could use it on ZX Uno, ZX Next and related machines.
Hi Boriel,

ZX Next is based upon TBBlue which was started in 2009, it's not a copy of the Uno. The features being added make sense such as Radastan and ULAplus. Without hardware support what is the point of theoretical improvement?
emook Wrote:Hi Boriel,

ZX Next is based upon TBBlue which was started in 2009, it's not a copy of the Uno. The features being added make sense such as Radastan and ULAplus. Without hardware support what is the point of theoretical improvement?
Well, that's a bit off-topic. Actually, it's OK if ZX Next is based to some extent (or none?) on ZX Uno, because the latter is an open project and everyone is entitled to take anything from there Smile
I'm not bashing against ZX Next (the more projects the better!)
Anyway, ZX Basic will run on both of them! Wink
Hi LCD,

are you willing to do some bug-checks on BorIDE?

As I try to use BorIDE_previewR5_0A.exe with newer ZXB versions like v1.5.2 it only compiles me .BIN output instead of wanted/selected .tap or .tzx Format. When compiling my .BOR-source with ZXB.EXE directly (without BorIDE) it compiles OK to .tap or .tzx.

So I think it´s an issue BorIDE sends false commands to ZXB.EXE. May I suggest for BorIDE to display the commandline it send to ZXB.EXE in the Compiling-Dialog.

May I also suggest to add an option to delete Output-File when Compiling is started in BorIDE. Because now, when compiling fails, the old resulting file still exists and this is irritating to me as I stuff this into an emulator to test and the old file is loaded and "not what I try to compile". Confusedhock:
Okay, I reuploaded a fixed version. Can you check now that version 1.5.2 (please, download again) works ok?
Luzie Wrote:Hi LCD,

are you willing to do some bug-checks on BorIDE?

As I try to use BorIDE_previewR5_0A.exe with newer ZXB versions like v1.5.2 it only compiles me .BIN output instead of wanted/selected .tap or .tzx Format. When compiling my .BOR-source with ZXB.EXE directly (without BorIDE) it compiles OK to .tap or .tzx.

So I think it´s an issue BorIDE sends false commands to ZXB.EXE. May I suggest for BorIDE to display the commandline it send to ZXB.EXE in the Compiling-Dialog.

May I also suggest to add an option to delete Output-File when Compiling is started in BorIDE. Because now, when compiling fails, the old resulting file still exists and this is irritating to me as I stuff this into an emulator to test and the old file is loaded and "not what I try to compile". Confusedhock:

This is on my Todo list. There are some issues that I want to address first. How about replacing the temp with a PRINT "Compilation failed"?
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!
Hi,

I´m back home in about 3 three days and then will post here back.

Regards,

Luzie
LCD Wrote:This is on my Todo list. There are some issues that I want to address first. How about replacing the temp with a PRINT "Compilation failed"?
I don´t understand what you mean with "replacing the temp with a PRINT ".

I´ve tried actual ZXB v1.6.2. with BorIDE, some .BOR-Files compile OK, others not. Compiling on commandline without BorIDE works for all files.
I now used to Print a Version number to screen on startup of my programs, so I see on running, if its compiled from within BorIDE or not.

If you want, I can send you a source-code-file which don´t compile from BorIDE.

Regards,

Luzie
Luzie Wrote:
LCD Wrote:This is on my Todo list. There are some issues that I want to address first. How about replacing the temp with a PRINT "Compilation failed"?
I don´t understand what you mean with "replacing the temp with a PRINT ".

I´ve tried actual ZXB v1.6.2. with BorIDE, some .BOR-Files compile OK, others not. Compiling on commandline without BorIDE works for all files.
I now used to Print a Version number to screen on startup of my programs, so I see on running, if its compiled from within BorIDE or not.

If you want, I can send you a source-code-file which don´t compile from BorIDE.

Regards,

Luzie
I Meant: replacing the temporary saved source with one that shows a text that the compilation was failed ...

Yes, please send me the sources that fail to compile, with BAT file you are using to compilre them properly.
Also remember to download always the latest version (at this moment, 1.6.5) since the .exe loader fixes many things now.
LCD Wrote:Yes, please send me the sources that fail to compile, with BAT file you are using to compilre them properly.

Dear LCD, you can download the package here: https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/orGA0RW5
I´ve included ZXB v1.6.6 where "TRDOS_v5_MCODE_CAT_to_SCREEN_TEST6_ERROR.bor" won´t compile to TAP via BorIDE but compiles OK with included "_COMPILE_TEST.BAT"

Regards,

Luzie
Currently I*m rewriting and refactoring tons of code to make the source better readable. The editor and most of the other stuff works again, but ...
@Boriel:
What happened there? First source code I tried to compile after upgrading to 1.8 branch of ZXBC:
Code:
function Piece(x as Uinteger,y as Uinteger)
    dim b as uinteger
    dim a$ as string
    b=@Buffer+(y<<5)+x
    if peek b=0 then a$=" "
    elseif peek b=1 then a$="\{i4}\a"
    elseif peek b=2 then a$="\{i5}\g"
    elseif peek b=3 then a$="\{i5}\h"
    end if
    print at y,x;a$;
end function
Throws out:
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:37: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'ELSEIF' <ELSEIF>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:37: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'THEN' <THEN>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:38: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'ELSEIF' <ELSEIF>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:38: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'THEN' <THEN>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:39: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'ELSEIF' <ELSEIF>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:39: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'THEN' <THEN>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:40: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'IF' <IF>
D:\LCD_ZX_Games\---\temp.bas:42: Syntax Error. Unexpected token 'FUNCTION' <FUNCTION>

Please help. Has the syntax changed? I' using these options:
"D:\Restliche Programme\zxbasic\zxb.exe" "D:\LCD_ZX_Games\game\temp.bas" -S 24576 -o "C:\LCD_ZX_Games\Gameout\Test.tap.bin" -O 3