Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
--asm and --tap together
Some times I need to check the assembler, and I have to compile the sources twice in order to get also the .TAP file, because anyway I need to execute the program too.

Maybe in the future both the assembler file and the object file could be created with one single command?
This can be easy done, I think. But it is also a planed feature for my Editor which I'm working on. It is called "BorIDE". It will share the same codebase as Retro-X EXIDE, but designed only for Boriels ZX BASIC Compiler, and not multible colpiler targets: ZXBC, z88dk, and so on.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!
I agree with LCD. In fact, you can create a simple script to do that:

compile.bat (in WIN32):
Code:
@echo off
zxb -A %1
zxb -taB %1
Invoke with compile source.bas

compile.sh (In Mac OSX / Linux):
Code:
#!/bin/bash
./zxb.py -A $1
./zxb.py -tAB $1
Invoke with ./compile.sh source.bas
boriel Wrote:I agree with LCD. In fact, you can create a simple script to do that:

Of course! But I'd rather compile just once because the program is quite long. I think LCD meant it's easy to do by the compiler, not by me. Anyway I suppose the whole assembler is created in any case, and then passed to the Z80 compiler. Is it right? That's why I was suggesting the ZX Basic compiler to keep it anyway. But maybe my assumption is wrong.
programandala.net Wrote:
boriel Wrote:I agree with LCD. In fact, you can create a simple script to do that:
Of course! But I'd rather compile just once because the program is quite long. I think LCD meant it's easy to do by the compiler, not by me. Anyway I suppose the whole assembler is created in any case, and then passed to the Z80 compiler. Is it right? That's why I was suggesting the ZX Basic compiler to keep it anyway. But maybe my assumption is wrong.
That's right. You can assemble zxb generated asm code with the same options you pass to zxb. So the script would be
Code:
zxb -A source.bas
zxbasm -taB source.asm