Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorrect Line numbers (*solved*)
I'm getting an error in the code "illegal character _ at line xxx"

And there isn't one in line xxx.

I suspect that this line number comes from the assembler, and it's a line number based on the code stripped of comments and white space perhaps?

I've noticed that it's sometimes hard to pin down the correct line number for errors before.
britlion Wrote:I'm getting an error in the code "illegal character _ at line xxx"

And there isn't one in line xxx.

I suspect that this line number comes from the assembler, and it's a line number based on the code stripped of comments and white space perhaps?

I've noticed that it's sometimes hard to pin down the correct line number for errors before.
Than paste the piece of code which produces the error, so I can try to reproduce it here.
*facepalm*

You know how you feel pretty stupid later on, when you see the answer?

It was a line with a comment in it, and that comment DID have a _ in it.

What I'd done was miss off the asm command a few lines earlier, and it was freaking out because a semicolon doesn't start the comment unless you're in assembler mode. It passed over the semicolon, into the comment, reached the _ and thought "that's weird" and quit.

It was sort of right about the line number.... but in a slightly confusing way. (I was there wondering why a comment was an issue, and assumed it was off on line numbers).

I think it's #include that might lead the line numbers astray in the assembler part.

Call this solved Smile
Ok, closed.
I've found 3 *NASTY* bugs on O3 optimizations. Hope to solve them this evening (2 of them already solved).
I think we must test the new release this week, and if no bugs founds, release the 1.2.5 Stable, so we can move on to 1.2.6 and add *new* features.
Did you manage to reproduce the stack bug with the earlier version of fourspriter I listed?
britlion Wrote:Did you manage to reproduce the stack bug with the earlier version of fourspriter I listed?
Not sure. I mean: I'm working on O2-O3 bugs that might be related to this. In fact, the memcopy routine was also *BUGGED* (and fixed), so if your program uses memcopy, wait till this evening.
Got it.

Technically it does - it's still FourSpriter.

I posted the whole thing though (and I haven't been using Optimization yet)

Got friends arriving soon, so won't be around until tomorrow anyway.