Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PRINT bug using CHR$(22) for inline positioning (*solved*)
Hi this 1.14beta6 build does appear to have fixed all the issues (including PAUSE one), however I notice some corruption in the PRINT function when the program runs for the second time, which wasn't the case before. I run my program repeatedly because I'm trying to perfect a randomised terrain generation algorithm so I need to verify its results.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the following issue in a simplified test program. My program clears the bottom line after an INPUT. What I see is that if I compile with 1.14Beta6 this works ok. My program ends with a STOP. If I simply run again (by re-invoking the Tape Loader by pressing Enter) that same PRINT statement doesn't clear the input line. If I deliberately enter a nonsense alphabetical input, instead of seeing my warning text "Entry Error" I see it garbled as if it is overwriting the INPUT question with OVER 1. But the first execution is fine. Only subsequent executions are bad. I will PM you my code.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRINT bug using CHR$(22) for inline positioning - by patters - 01-02-2021, 07:43 PM