Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faster multiply?
You know, when I posted to this thread originally, a year ago, I could program in basic, and had a smattering of an idea about assembler. I had never really learned z80 assembly language.

Oddly, I've spent more of the last year coding in machine code than I have in basic. *chuckle*

Boriel - your compiler has made me learn something I wanted to learn as a kid. I'm now passable (not really excellent), but passable at machine code. Because I focused on it, and because ZX BASIC made it SO EASY to play with bits of M/C and program basic around it.

:-) But you know, thanks again. It's very cool to realise I reached the point of coding routines and even wizard magic like Interrupt Mode 2 and copying memory using the stack. And just now I sat for half an hour and coded a putchar routine. Okay, it doesn't /quite/ work. Something stops it returning, but I know I'll debug it. And best of all - it did indeed put the character on the screen right where I wanted. Just got to fix a minor bug. In other words, if I want to, I can code in machine code :-)

Wow.

It only took 27 years....

Messages In This Thread