Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPECTRA Advanced Graphics
As a windows user, that hasn't had access to real hardware for decades, I always appreciate things being in emulators. In fact, that's the bare minimum line for me experimenting with things. Never got to play with microdrives until they were emulated, for example. (Couldn't afford em! Got a disk drive before I gave up the speccy in the end tho, second hand).

I look forward to seeing Spectra built into more emulators I can use. It just expands my options to play with things and have fun. I don't care if any one alternative graphics structure is better than any other - heck, my hat's off to hardware developers. It's way cleverer than I'll ever be. I'm wondering if I'll ever get to grips with things like bifrost or zxodus as it is Smile

I do hope spectra graphics turn out easier to work out than ULAplus. I know Chevron there thinks they are simple. I've never actually got them to work in an emulator, and I have tried. Usually end up with nothing, despite trying to load a palette file before an enhanced game. So. Perhaps I'm a dumkopf muppet, I dunno. Though I do wonder how many nostalgic gamers have tried and succeeded with even ULA plus.

Anyway. TL;DR: Looking forward to seeing more emulator support for any more hardware....

Messages In This Thread