Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZXodus][Engine
LCD Wrote:
cheveron Wrote:The game will run on any 128. It may glitch a little on non-ASIC 128 models. I'm planning a Pentagon release of the game I'm working on so I imagine at some point there will be a Pentagon compatible version of the ZXodus][Engine. It will be a separate build though. Why waste RAM on model detection?
So it cannot be modified for another machine just by patching the code of the engine a little with few POKEs?
It all comes down to the contention model. The Pentagon has no contention at all and so it needs completely different display code. The ULA 128s contend all the I/O access and so they will occasionally run out of t-states per-frame, and they also have different banks of 128 RAM contended. Most of the time it won't be that noticeable and doing a ULA 128 specific build wouldn't address the I/O issue. I would hope that standard Pentagon timings would be sufficient for most Russian machines.

Quote:From the text it sounds exactly the same, but optimised for spanish texts. My routine I used in the 80's had also no depacking, just triggering.
Yes it does sound the same. I think I misunderstood you the first time around.

Quote:
cheveron Wrote:The licenses won't cost anything, but I will expect a cut of the profits of any commercial releases.
Excellent. How much % of the profit do you want for licensing it for comercial releases? Or is the licensing based on something other?

I appreciate that it's hard to break even on new releases for the Speccy, let alone make a profit. The percentage has to take into account a lot of factors: the actual amount of profit per sale (could be zero for instance), how much I contributed besides the engine, expected number of sales, and so on. But I will always agree the deal in advance before development begins so that the developer isn't left wondering how much of a return they will see on their work.

Messages In This Thread