Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zxbasic compiler for Sega Master System?
haroldoop Wrote:Hello, I'm Haroldo, I made the SMS port.

While I was originally intending to adapt ZX-Basic so that it would be able to generate Sega Master System binaries directly, I ended up implementing it, initially, as a translator from ZX-Basic's ASM format to WLA-DX format so that I could get something working quickly, and, thanks to the fantastic procrastinator that I am, it never went much beyond that... Tongue

If you have any questions that you would like to ask, please, do so. I'll do my best to help.
I got astounded with what you made:!:
There are several ways to accomplish this:

1) Directly generating the WLA-DX asm. This is the fastest way. In fact, almost all of us know Z80 Assembler. WLA-DX assembler is Z80, with some little changes . The problem is, as always, architecture related info. E.g. how to generate an ASM file for WLA-DX + SMS (I can check your code).

2) How to generate an SMS file directly. I prefer this solution, but will take much more time. I think I can rip some code from wla-dx or the like. Anyway, I need info about SMS architecture.

Other aspects:
  • Need info on how to write on the screen
  • Need info on Input (Joystick, any keyboard?)
  • Desirable info on Sound generator
  • I'm also working on a generic FP routines, but always try to use ROM ones where available. Anyway, you can already use Fixed type for a limited decimal-like variables.

I'm open to contribution. Even to develop modules for the compiler, if you like. You can also contribute with info, and routines. I consider the community (Britlion, LCD, slenkar, etc. etc.) co-authors of the compiler in some way or another.

Messages In This Thread