Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first attempt on trying to make an msx1 .rom from zxbasic
boriel Wrote:Hmm. Thanks, LCD.
Now I'm a bit confused :roll:

E.g. PLOT & DRAW are Sinclair Basic primitives, but MSX has its ones, etc... I could standarize them (e.g. implementing SUBs for plotting & drawing), leave them as they are (they can be implemented in other platforms), or implement MSX PSET and other drawing primitives... :?:
What do you think?
As for graphics commands, I know there are some differences like the ability to draw elypses. So you could implement this so: CIRCLE x,y,r = Standard circle, CIRCLE x,y,r1,r2 = Elypse. The Compiler would choose the library automaticaly, even if both methods are used.
Ploting:
PLOT x,y = Standard Spectrum way of plotting (y counting upward)
PSET(x,y) or PSET(x,y,color) = Other one with y counting from top downward.
Draw:
DRAW x,y (Standard ROM Spectrum DRAW command), FDRAW x,y (Fast Draw that you use now)
LINE(X,Y), LINE(X1,Y1 TO X2,Y2) other methods used on other machines.
BTW: Some machines like Jupiter Ace or Sprinter 2000 do not have own BASIC. Others like C64 have that crappy BASIC, that everyone is forced to use Assembler, so using same syntax and keywords as in original BASIC is a step back in my opinion.
But in my opinion they are perfect as they are, and could be extended in future to support other Plattforms abilitys:
PLOT x,y,color
DRAW x,y TO x2,x2
CIRCLE x,y,r1,r2
But if you start with standard ZXBC commands for other plattforms (whenever possible), this would be perfect. The language will be extended in the future, so adding more commands later could be the solution for users who miss their belowed commands. You could make a poll asking if the users want this, and also ask in other multiplattform forums like Emuzone.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!

Messages In This Thread