Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BiFrost Multicolour engine.
LCD Wrote:I see a problem with the Include: it looks like some adresses can collide with heap (64995, 65012). Crash can occur if strings are used.
No, this is not a problem at all. This was previously discussed at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/sh...stcount=59 .

Also notice that if a program crashes because it doesn't have enough free memory (heap space) to process strings, then simply changing the order of routines (such as if BIFROST* was placed at the beginning instead of end of memory) won't magically increase the amount of free memory left Smile

LCD Wrote:Not very good style of coding in the demo: No labels but line numbers... GO SUB instead of GOSUB
This is intentional. The demo is supposed to be easy to understand for ZX-Spectrum programmers that are familiar with Sinclair BASIC but not with ZX BASIC. So I wrote it as close to Sinclair BASIC as possible. This is also the reason the demo doesn't use sub-routines and such.

The interface library itself is a different matter obviously.

LCD Wrote:(This is not compatible with folding as SUB is a folding keyword. Must fix this
Please do so. This syntax is perfectly valid in ZX BASIC, thus BorIDE is supposed to recognize it accordingly.

And I will resist making any jokes about problems with BorIDE not being a very good style of coding either Smile Smile Smile

Messages In This Thread