Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SE Basic support
Hi Andrew!
cheveron Wrote:On the sound front, the SE Basic way of dealing with the AY is pretty trivial to compile (and thus cross-compile to the CPC and MSX) as it's basically just a string of register values. SE Basic itself supports two different address systems for the AY (the 128 and the Timex machines).
Even if the CPC has the same sound chip (I have a CPC 464 since last week) as Spectrum 128 or MSX, the clock speed is different, so compiling just a string is not that good.
cheveron Wrote:SE Basic is also focussed on the 48K machine and doesn't know about extra RAM. It will use the AY if it is present, and the ULAplus features. The ULAplus palette is derived from the MSX so again there's a good chance for overlap.
MSX or MSX2 ? I have the MSX and it has 15 colours only, with not very good choosen Palette.
cheveron Wrote:The SE Basic commands that I think it would make sense to add to the compiler are:
LDIR (the m/c block copy command)
Boriels ZX BASIC has MEMCOPY already included, and LDIR can be easy done as SUB.
cheveron Wrote:ON ERR (errror trapping ... mainly for INPUT and file I/O)
There is a Library INPUT routine which is errortrapped I think.
cheveron Wrote:PALETTE (set the ULAplus palette, but could support CPC and MSX too)
Again MSX2 but not MSX, but I agree. Also SAM Coupé has a Palette.
cheveron Wrote:I'm guessing some of those might be in there already along with the ability to enter numbers as hexadecimal. If you add ULAplus support then adding hexadecimal would be helpful.
Hexadecimals and binary are already included, but a little bit different (better) prefix than in SE BASIC. $FF=255. I hope, this will be not changed to 0xFF or something worser.
cheveron Wrote:The other side is being able to run the compiled code on SE Basic.
As own compiling target...
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!

Messages In This Thread