Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No INPUT?
britlion Wrote:
ref Wrote:yes, I know input is a complex command, and I understand why yu didn't include it.

I suggest you to include some workarounds about missing keywords in wiki, so people know what to do incase they need to use a command. Afterall we are all sinclair basic users.

Thank you for your help! I'll be using your compiler in the future, and bring more questions to here, obviously Smile

Glad to have you here, ref! I already realized that your confusion over input might not be limited to just you, so I added a line for INPUT in the reserved words list - noting it's an add-in function; as well as gave it a page. That does remind me that ATTR and POINT are in the same category, of course.
There is a #include <sinclair.bas> that contains SCREEN, POINT, INPUT and other Sinclair ZX Spectrum functions not included with the compiler. This is because ZX BASIC aims to be a multi-architecture compiler (MSX, Amstrad...), so in the future, MSX people might need #include <msx.bas> Tongue

Anyway, most of the original Sinclair BASIC is included (READ, DATA & RESTORE planned!)

Messages In This Thread