Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BritLion's Putchars
You are quite welcome, LCD. My routine beats out the print routine purely because it's special purposed to copy data to the screen.

I think I rather like the fact that by looping columns and then rows it can do up to 8X8 blocks too. I was quite proud of that - all with just one screen address search. The downside is it has NO error trapping at all. It will happily try to write off the bottom or right hand sides of the screen.

(Though don't forget that exactly the same data could be put on the screen by changing CHARS and using print as well - and by rotating the CHARS system variable, you can print as many graphics characters to the screen at a time as you wish!)

As for attributes, it could be built into the routine as well, LCD. I just wasn't sure how you'd want to handle the data. If you're determined to make it 8+1 bytes per character, then honestly it's faster to skip the attributes on one pass, and then go back and put every 9th byte in as an attribute afterwards. That could be done as two subroutines, called by a third, one after the other, pointed at the same data.

Messages In This Thread