Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most useful/needed stuff which should be added
na_th_an Wrote:This is somewhat a wish list to which I may contribute (coding my second suggestion).

1.- Types. I'm a nightmare, I keep repeating this, but types are most needed. They would make every coding chore way easier, specially when you have to pass parameters or create arrays of structured data. Game coding can be pretty messing without the ability to create proper data structures.
By Types you mean used defined types, don't you? ZX BASIC have types (UByte, Byte, Float....), but user-defined types are not allowed (yet).

na_th_an Wrote:2.- A nice, fast, simple, hassle-less Putchar (x, y, attr, ascii) function which draws character ascii with attributes attr at coordinates (x, y).
Why don't you use PRINT AT x,y; a$?

na_th_an Wrote:3.- Less important, but may come handy, the ability use Attr as a modifier for Print which combines Ink, Bright, Paper, and Flash in a single command:
You can get this with a simple POKE 23695,t (ATTR_T <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wearmouth.demon.co.uk/sys/attr_t.htm">http://www.wearmouth.demon.co.uk/sys/attr_t.htm</a><!-- m -->). ZX BASIC could in the future optimize this, if numeric values are given in a sequence of attributes. E.g. PAPER 7; INK 1; BRIGHT 1; FLASH 0.... could be compiled in a single poke. There's also a funcion defined in attr.bas library, called SetATTR(x, y, ATTR) which you might find useful.

na_th_an Wrote:4.- A fill routine which allows you to use patterns (for example, a 8x8 pattern defined by a character bitmap).
A fill routine would be nice. If you can pass me a nice one I could add it to ZX BASIC library/ (.bas) directory

na_th_an Wrote:5.- Allow comments in broken lines, such as this:

Code:
Dim myLevel(2) as uByte => { _
   0, _     ' Number of exists
   10, _    ' Baddies life gauge
   7 _      ' Water level
}
I definitely agree with this. I was thinking in using the C commenting scheme /* ... */, but FreeBasic uses /' ... '/ scheme instead. So better stick to it for the sake of compatibility. If everybody agrees, I could enable just this evening :!:

Messages In This Thread