Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most useful/needed stuff which should be added
This is somewhat a wish list to which I may contribute (coding my second suggestion).

1.- Types. I'm a nightmare, I keep repeating this, but types are most needed. They would make every coding chore way easier, specially when you have to pass parameters or create arrays of structured data. Game coding can be pretty messing without the ability to create proper data structures.

2.- A nice, fast, simple, hassle-less Putchar (x, y, attr, ascii) function which draws character ascii with attributes attr at coordinates (x, y).

3.- Less important, but may come handy, the ability use Attr as a modifier for Print which combines Ink, Bright, Paper, and Flash in a single command:

Code:
Print At 2, 2; Attr 71; "Bright white text on black"

4.- A fill routine which allows you to use patterns (for example, a 8x8 pattern defined by a character bitmap).

5.- Allow comments in broken lines, such as this:

Code:
Dim myLevel(2) as uByte => { _
   0, _     ' Number of exists
   10, _    ' Baddies life gauge
   7 _      ' Water level
}

Currently, the compiler refuses to compile such snippets. Comments aren't allowed after compiler directives, either, for example:

Code:
#include once "fsp2.1.bas"    ' The sprite library

Fails to compile due to the inline comment.

As I said, I will probably code a ROM-independent version of "2" and I hope someone makes it properly faster 'cause my ASM is dire. My main problem is that I don't know how to properly interface BASIC/ASM, so it may look cheesy. I'll take a glance at the examples, to see if I can work out how to do it so it's fast and not very ugly. Suggestions?

Messages In This Thread