Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most useful/needed stuff which should be added
Boriel Wrote:The problem is you (and I mean Britlion, LCD, na_th_an) are trying to put very specific things in a rather generic tools.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with that, Boriel. Right now, the only target IS a 48K zx spectrum. I know you want to expand, and when there are other targets, we just sweep up library functions that are specific to the speccy and label them as such. No muss and no fuss there, I think. In fact, if we put in some kind of #define, we could even have the compiler throw up an error if someone tried to use them when it's in a mode for a different computer.

I assume that other z80 based machines will be relatively easy to target; but screen handling stuff is pretty much required for anything to really work; so I don't think it's a bad idea to make libraries like fourspriter and putchar that assume a spectrum. Right now that assumption is 100% correct, anyway - and we want to use the compiler to make stuff for the speccy! When it isn't we tweak them to allow the compiler to detect that they are for a different computer, and move them into separate sections in the wiki.

Seems pretty simple to me!

Messages In This Thread