Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most useful/needed stuff which should be added
na_th_an Wrote:Nothing very fancy, but drawing a whole tiled map to screen is just too slow using PRINT Wink
Anyways, thanks for the pointers. I'll study how this fastcall scheme works now that I have that piece of code and will make my own (handling ATTRs as well). The bad news is that, unless it's included in the language default set of libraries, I won't be able to use it for the Bytemaniacos compo. :mrgreen:
The problem is you (and I mean Britlion, LCD, na_th_an) are trying to put very specific things in a rather generic tools. The compiler is supposed to be reusable. I'm reluctant to put functions and libraries almost nobody is likely to use. If so, it's better to public them on the wiki so anybody interested could just copy & paste them. PutChar might be useful, by the way, but I need to get a PRINT_CHAR and others (there's a lot of work to do, I'm still revamping the Wiki...)
na_th_an Wrote:I have assembly code to draw a tiled map to screen and it's somewhat fast. Maybe you are interested on it to be included as well. (As long as you all don't make fun of it again claiming it's automaticly generated code by a compiler Tongue Wink ).
Nice idea! I was thinking in using an indirection (IY + n), but IY is reserved form timing interrupts. There's a simple way to do struct typing anyway, which is even easier than yours: using name mangling. The compiler already uses that for local variables, functions and so on. So, for example:
Code:
Type Person
   Age as uInteger;
   Weight as Fixed;
End Type

Dim A as Person;
Will create the following:
Code:
_A
_A_Age:
    DB 00, 00 ; Age as Uinteger
_A_Weight:
    DB 00, 00, 00, 00 ; Age as Fixed
So A.Age becames _A_Age. Even better, recent versions of ZXBasm supports dot (.) in the name (to allow namespaces), so _A.Age and _A.Weight name schemes should also be valid. Finally, using Types with string fields will be somewhat complicated... but... I think it could be done.

Update: Please, put a "Types wanted" message in the wishlist sub-folder, since I'm using that forum as a task-list :wink:

Messages In This Thread