Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As BorIDE progresses...
britlion Wrote:Downloaded to try it again.
It still looks awesome (well, once I change some colours so my eyes don't fall out. What on earth is that default REM colour about?!)
If you send me your configuration file of BorIDE, I can include your favourite highlightning in the next version as preset... The default REM colour is to show that the line is inactive.
britlion Wrote:However: can't get it to do what I want, so I can't use it.
I can understand you. I will make it better with each version, if I will get some feedback
britlion Wrote:First I keep getting this: and am not sure why.

3:35:15 -> Compilation starts(590 Lines)
23:35:15 -> Source D:\Users\Paul\Documents\Dropbox\Shared with Paul and ElastiPaul\TommyGun\AlienBreeder\AlienBreeder saved
23:35:15 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Boriel Tm\ZX Basic Compiler\zxb.exe "D:\Users\Paul\Documents\Dropbox\Shared with Paul and ElastiPaul\TommyGun\AlienBreeder\temp.bor" -S 24576 -o "output.bin" --heap-size=1000

23:35:16 -> Exit code: 1
23:35:16 -> temp.bor:556: Syntax Error. Unexpected token '0.0' <NUMBER>. Compilation failed
23:35:17 -> FAIL: Compiler cannot write output file in directory (Protected Or does Not exist?)
23:35:17 -> Compilation time: 2403ms
sounds like the program is not allowed to write in this directory, it does not exist or the path has illegal character codes, or it is somehow related to my notebook problem. But as Boriel wrote, it seems like a syntax error there (Line 556). BorIDE marks usualy the error line and change the view position to display it.
Make a directory for your projects:
D:\MyProjects\AlienBreeder\ or similar.
britlion Wrote:Secondly - how do I change the compiler options? I don't want "-S 24576 -o "output.bin" --heap-size=1000" at all! I want something completely different...
On the right side there should be a panel where all these options can by set. If you cannot see them, maybe the window is too small. Check the Config file for "splitter" value and window size.
britlion Wrote:Thirdly: If I load in "AlienBreeder.bas" from a folder - why does it save out "AlienBreeder.bor" ?
Go to BorIDE Settings, "editor 1" and change suffix from "BOR" to "BAS"
britlion Wrote:Back to tommygun, for the moment. I keep wanting to change to BorIDE though - it's got so much going for it. Even if I don't understand half of what it can do, yet. Folding is the killer option I want so badly - but I can't actually compile anything yet!
Maybe the problem with saving is related to my multitab problem on the notebook. Trying to fix it now.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!

Messages In This Thread