Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New bug-fix release 1.2.5-r1513c
britlion Wrote:Ah ha! Clever stuff.

This is all leaning towards my conviction that ZX Basic will utterly out awesome any of the older compilers, by virtue of having LOTS of memory and cpu time to do such optimizations...

That said... I have a fast computer. Why does Footy take 3 minutes to compile?? It seems a long time to make 14K of code...

Am I wrong to worry that it takes so long?
To be honest, I was also surprised the time it takes to compile in my machine: I have a 8Gb quad Core computer, and psyco installed (a python accelerator, to use JIT compilation whenever possible). It also took near 2 minutes. After tracing the problem, I found out it was not the compiler stage which was lasting so long, but the *assembling* one. That is: It's the assembler which is taking most of the time. I will check it later.

Commenting out most of your main file except the printlogo( ) call, resulted in a fast compilation. I guess the problem with slow compilation is related to your main .BAS module. A first workaround could be to compile all your defs in a single separate asm file (not .bas), with zxbasm file.asm and then use incbin to include the binary data in a single step Wink so you needn't to recompile the defb more than once.

Messages In This Thread