Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
128K SPECTRUM COMPATIBILITY...
Cesc Wrote:Well, at the end I managed (reading the documentation) to make the code start at 24200 with the -ORG command when compiling, then when I load the data that I want to be starting at 0xC000 i put the asm org 0xC000 and at the end of this loading stuff code I return with another ORG command to the memory adress the code wat before that moment (checking memory.txt and recompiling) so I finally managed to keep everything under 0xC000 except the specific data I want. I haven't tried bank changing yet, but I think that is a good start!
Also, the problem was the heap, that was overlaping some data from 0xC000; I changed ir to 1024 because now that I start the program at 24200 I have enough space, but in fact, I have no idea what is the heap for. Something related to strings? Cause all the text I show on the game is printed char by char, reading from memory, no strings. Do I nead a heap at all? What is the minimmum or recomendable size?

Also, about printing chars each by each... Is there a faster alternative to print available?

Thanks and sorry for spreading many topics around!

Are any of the routines in the library helpful? What are you trying to achieve?

https://zxbasic.readthedocs.io/en/docs/library/

Messages In This Thread