Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPECTRA Advanced Graphics - Assembly
LCD has already posted up some great starter for 10 regarding ZXBC functions for the SPECTRA interface.
Most of my work is coded in Assembly (although I need to get around to some serious ZXBC programming soon) but we thought it would beuseful to share similar routines from an Assembly point of view.
I've put them under a separate, but similarly named thread - hope this is okay.
bloodbaz Wrote:LCD has already posted up some great starter for 10 regarding ZXBC functions for the SPECTRA interface.
Most of my work is coded in Assembly (although I need to get around to some serious ZXBC programming soon) but we thought it would be useful to share similar routines from an Assembly point of view.
I've put them under a separate, but similarly named thread - hope this is okay.
Nevermind. :roll:
If the routines are license-compatible (ZX Basic is LGPL) and they're in asm, I could wrap them to be callable from ZX Basic as normal function / subs.
boriel Wrote:If the routines are license-compatible (ZX Basic is LGPL) and they're in asm, I could wrap them to be callable from ZX Basic as normal function / subs.

The code is my own work so I'm happy with these licensing arrangements.
bloodbaz Wrote:
boriel Wrote:If the routines are license-compatible (ZX Basic is LGPL) and they're in asm, I could wrap them to be callable from ZX Basic as normal function / subs.

The code is my own work so I'm happy with these licensing arrangements.
Hmm. One (or two) more thing/s:
I usually credit the original authors in the libraries (if they want to include them bundled with the compiler distribution). Also, the .asm libraries are BSD licensed, to allow people to create closed source games. That is:
- The compiler itself is LGPL
- The .asm routines are BSD, because the compiler will assemble and link them with the programer's game in a single binary.