Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New beta release 1.2.6r1603b
This version just adds little improvements to the previous one:
  • Multiplication of bytes a little faster and smaller.
  • Compatibility for DO UNTIL <cond>... LOOP and DO WHILE <cond> ... LOOP as programandala asked.

Download at the Archive.

Note: If you want to be automagically you can register into the wiki and click on "Watch this", so each time the page is changed you will receive a notification (I think it would be a good idea). :roll:
boriel Wrote:This version just adds little improvements to the previous one:
  • Compatibility for DO UNTIL <cond>... LOOP and DO WHILE <cond> ... LOOP as programandala asked.

It seems it works fine. Thank you. Now the control flow can be more creative Smile and, the most important, ZX Basic's DO-LOOP is FreeBASIC-compatible.

What about allowing conditions both with DO and LOOP at the same time?:

Quote:Do [ { Until | While } condition ]
[ statement block ]
Loop [ { Until | While } condition ]

FreeBASIC doesn't allow that, but Beta Basic (for the ZX Spectrum) and SAM Basic (for the SAM Coupé) do, and I find it very useful: a loop with two exit conditions. Besides, the syntax in the documentation would be simpler: just the example above needed, not two Smile

Do you think it is feasible without much effort?
programandala.net Wrote:
boriel Wrote:This version just adds little improvements to the previous one:

It seems it works fine. Thank you. Now the control flow can be more creative Smile and, the most important, ZX Basic's DO-LOOP is FreeBASIC-compatible.

What about allowing conditions both with DO and LOOP at the same time?:

Quote:Do [ { Until | While } condition ]
[ statement block ]
Loop [ { Until | While } condition ]

FreeBASIC doesn't allow that, but Beta Basic (for the ZX Spectrum) and SAM Basic (for the SAM Coupé) do, and I find it very useful: a loop with two exit conditions. Besides, the syntax in the documentation would be simpler: just the example above needed, not two Smile

Do you think it is feasible without much effort?
I think it does not worth the hassle. This especial case will require changing some compiling internals, and the generated code won't be very efficient (Eg. checking two conditions per loop cycle). What is the meaning of that instruction, BTW? I don't understand it very well... :roll:

If you need to check extra conditions within the loop, you can always use:
Code:
DO...
    IF <condition> EXIT DO: END IF
LOOP
Thanks for your great work. I have the download page in website watcher, so it informs me anyway about new versions.
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!