Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STR problem (*solved*)
Code:
SUB MeineRoutine(x as uinteger,y as uinteger,a$ as string)
IF a$="Test" THEN erg$="Es wurde nur getestet"
ELSE erg$=a$+str(x)+" "+str(y)
end if

PRINT erg$
END SUB

MeineRoutine(30,11,"Hallo")
Compiler claims "temp.bas:48: Error: Undefined label '_MeineRoutine_erg' Errors occured, compilation failed" (No line 48 defined)
I guess, this is a Problem with STR because this:
Code:
dim a as ubyte
a=20
print str(a)
Produces a code that crashes the Emulator

BTW: should POKE STRING adr,string$ work? I mean, if POKE UINTEGER works...
------------------------------------------------------------
http://lcd-one.da.ru redirector is dead
Visit my http://members.inode.at/838331/index.html home page!
The 1st problem seems a critical bug, so I'm going to fix it right now! (The function parameter STR(X) bug).
On the other hand, this code works ok:
Code:
dim a as ubyte
a=20
print str(a)
I use EmuZWin emulator. Which one do you use?
Emulator crashes are not related to the compiler (or should not be).

Note: The POKE STRING ... is a rather strange case. I will check it, anyway.
boriel Wrote:The 1st problem seems a critical bug, so I'm going to fix it right now! (The function parameter STR(X) bug).
Code:
dim a as ubyte
a=20
print str(a)

I was using SPIN 0.666, but after finding it a little "unstable" I should maybe switch to different emulator. It was a crash of the Spectrum code inside emulator. But I had cases where the emulator completly crashes (not from your compiler).
I also found out that the compiler warnings ("x defined as float", or "x not used") causes the compiler to stop the compilation. But I don't give up...
LCD Wrote:
boriel Wrote:The 1st problem seems a critical bug, so I'm going to fix it right now! (The function parameter STR(X) bug).
Code:
dim a as ubyte
a=20
print str(a)

I was using SPIN 0.666, but after finding it a little "unstable" I should maybe switch to different emulator. It was a crash of the Spectrum code inside emulator. But I had cases where the emulator completly crashes (not from your compiler).
I also found out that the compiler warnings ("x defined as float", or "x not used") causes the compiler to stop the compilation. But I don't give up...
???
Al this behavior is really odd and is scaring me... Confusedhock:
Which codes produces "x defined as float" or "x not used"?
"x not used" should appear if x variable is not used and optimization level (-O) > 1. E.g. -O2
Then x variable is removed. Other than that, it should produce a program.

By the way, a workaround on your subroutine code, place
Code:
DIM erg$
inside your subroutine before using the variable fixed the problem. It seems I forgot to implicit declared local vars.

EDIT: Fixed. I didn't forgot it. Just an extra tab mislead in a python sub.... and that was the bug! Wink
boriel Wrote:
LCD Wrote:
Code:
dim a as ubyte
a=20
print str(a)

???
Al this behavior is really odd and is scaring me... Confusedhock:
Which codes produces "x defined as float" or "x not used"?
"x not used" should appear if x variable is not used and optimization level (-O) > 1. E.g. -O2
Then x variable is removed. Other than that, it should produce a program.

By the way, a workaround on your subroutine code, place
Code:
DIM erg$
inside your subroutine before using the variable fixed the problem. It seems I forgot to implicit declared local vars.

EDIT: Fixed. I didn't forgot it. Just an extra tab mislead in a python sub.... and that was the bug! Wink

Scary, I know... If I write
Code:
Dim daytime$ as string
and don't use it (or simply rem out the lines where it was used), the compiler throws out:
"warning: Variable 'daytime' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed".
the same with other variables:
Code:
Dim a as ubyte
results in "warning: Variable 'a' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed" if I do not use the variable.
Will check again which code resulted in "x definded as float", maybe the break was caused by something different (I often forgot to write "THEN" after IF and ELSEIF) :oops:
Thanks for fixing the other bug Smile.
LCD Wrote:Scary, I know... If I write
Code:
Dim daytime$ as string
and don't use it (or simply rem out the lines where it was used), the compiler throws out:
Code:
Dim a as ubyte
results in "warning: Variable 'a' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed" if I do not use the variable.
Will check again which code resulted in "x definded as float", maybe the break was caused by something different (I often forgot to write "THEN" after IF and ELSEIF) :oops:
Well, catching ELSEIF and others missing syntax error is something I will try to improve soon.

Can you paste some code where this happens? (I need more code context).
boriel Wrote:
LCD Wrote:Scary, I know... If I write
Code:
Dim daytime$ as string
Code:
Dim a as ubyte
Well, catching ELSEIF and others missing syntax error is something I will try to improve soon.

Can you paste some code where this happens? (I need more code context).

Code:
dim a as ubyte
dim b as uinteger
a=20
print a
If you compile these lines (not using variable b), the compiler should only ignore the fact, variable b is not used, but it stops with this message:
"temp.bas:2: warning: Variable 'b' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed"
It occurs only with optimisation levels 1-3, but not if no optimisation is selected.
LCD Wrote:
Code:
dim a as ubyte
dim b as uinteger
a=20
print a
If you compile these lines (not using variable b), the compiler should only ignore the fact, variable b is not used, but it stops with this message:
"temp.bas:2: warning: Variable 'b' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed"
It occurs only with optimisation levels 1-3, but not if no optimisation is selected.

This is what I get:
Quote:zxb temp.bas -O2 -T -B -a
temp.bas:2: warning: Variable 'b' is never used
INFO: __PRINTU8 is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: PRINT_EOL is not defined. No optimization is done.

I also see something strange in this error message:
Quote:temp.bas:2: warning: Variable 'b' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed
the bold letters are not part of the compiler message! :?:

I also get the warning, but the program gets compiled, and temp.tzx file is created.

Perhaps you're using an external IDE / script to compile? Notice that warnings are also send to stderr output (like error messages), because many programs expect them this way.
boriel Wrote:
LCD Wrote:
Code:
dim a as ubyte
dim b as uinteger
a=20
print a

This is what I get:

Quote:temp.bas:2: warning: Variable 'b' is never used Errors occured, compilation failed

I also get the warning, but the program gets compiled, and temp.tzx file is created.

Perhaps you're using an external IDE / script to compile? Notice that warnings are also send to stderr output (like error messages), because many programs expect them this way.
Yes, I'm a donkey, that's the reason... It works if I compile first and then start the emulator, not if I start the batch operation (compile and then start the emulator automaticaly).
I'm using a IDE which does not start the emulator after compilation if something was sent over the stderr channel (because it supposes to be a error which aborts the compilation). Could you please change the output to send such messages to the normal std program output, like the other compiler (optimisations) warnings?
LCD Wrote:
boriel Wrote:
LCD Wrote:
Code:
dim a as ubyte
dim b as uinteger
a=20
print a

This is what I get:

Yes, I'm a donkey, that's the reason... It works if I compile first and then start the emulator, not if I start the batch operation (compile and then start the emulator automaticaly).
I'm using a IDE which does not start the emulator after compilation if something was sent over the stderr channel (because it supposes to be a error which aborts the compilation). Could you please change the output to send such messages to the normal std program output, like the other compiler (optimisations) warnings?

Sorry for the delay. You might guess I've been really busy these days.
Back to the topic:

zxb.exe already returns an errorlevel <> 0 if there were an error (this is the standard behavior). You can however tell the compiler to use a different file (--stderr), but it will not separate warnings from errors. I suppose I will have to add a flag for that.
boriel Wrote:zxb.exe already returns an errorlevel <> 0 if there were an error (this is the standard behavior). You can however tell the compiler to use a different file (--stderr), but it will not separate warnings from errors. I suppose I will have to add a flag for that.
No chance to read the error level because error level cannot be readed out, but you send the usual compiler warning (INFO) like these:
Code:
INFO: COPY_ATTR is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: BORDER is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: CLS is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: BRIGHT_TMP is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: PRINT_STR is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: PRINT_EOL_ATTR is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: FLASH_TMP is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: __STREQ is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: CHR is not defined. No optimization is done.
INFO: PRINT_STR_FREE is not defined. No optimization is done.
to --stdout, so maybe you can redirdect the "variable x not used" from --stderr also to --stdout because it is at least no error but only a warning/info and the program was compiled after all.

Edit: I solved if presently by filtering returned error string, so if the word "warning" is present, it does not count as critical error, so the emulator can start.
LCD Wrote:
boriel Wrote:zxb.exe already returns an errorlevel <> 0 if there were an error (this is the standard behavior). You can however tell the compiler to use a different file (--stderr), but it will not separate warnings from errors. I suppose I will have to add a flag for that.
No chance to read the error level because error level cannot be readed out,
Yes you can! Try this:
Quote:C:\>zxb.exe
Usage: zxb.py <input file> [options]

zxb.py: error: missing input file. (Try -h)
C:\>echo %errorlevel%
The environment variable %errorlevel% only returns 0 on successful compilations. This value is also returned in most APIs when executing a external program as "return code" or "exit value" or similar.

Quote: but you send the usual compiler warning (INFO) like these:
This will be transformed into :remark: or :info: codes (like warnings, but less important) and also output to stderr in the next version (I've been so busy fixing bugs I couldn't do this before).
Anyway, I will add a flags for warnings and infos like '--warnings-file' and '--info-file' so you can isolate warnings from error msgs, etc.
boriel Wrote:The environment variable %errorlevel% only returns 0 on successful compilations. This value is also returned in most APIs when executing a external program as "return code" or "exit value" or similar.
Oh, so it was the return/exit value. Okay, now it works, thank you!

Quote:This will be transformed into :remark: or :info: codes (like warnings, but less important) and also output to stderr in the next version (I've been so busy fixing bugs I couldn't do this before).
Anyway, I will add a flags for warnings and infos like '--warnings-file' and '--info-file' so you can isolate warnings from error msgs, etc.
Okay, I changed it to use exit value, now it works fine.
Fixing bugs is more important :mrgreen:.

Anyway, thank you for the help.